October was a very mixed feelings month. I started at Vigo with the trip back from Geocamp. We had a few friend gatherings but by mid-month we were devastated with a friend’s 6 years old kid passing away after a three months fighting leukemia. Just the very same week we had a weekend trip to Lleida were the pretty good weather gave us some chance to visit the city. The rest of the month was pretty quiet and easy.
Traditional dancing in Serranos
We visited an ice parlor in Las Arenas hotel
Lleida view from one of the Segre river bridges
We visited the Roda Roda cars museum
Not much to report on the work side. I mostly finished some work on the company serverless effort (that I still need to document) and other internal stuff.
Not much community effort to report this month. Maybe worth mentioning that I recorded a quick video about my mapping participation to help on the Morocco Earthquakes that should be posted in the company Instagram reels profile. If you see it let me know because I don’t use that social network 🙃.
- I finished reading Vapor Negre, Barcelona 1911, a collection of short stories all around the same characters and location in a fictional steampunk ambient.
- I read in a single seating Cuando el Trabajo Mata, a graphic novel telling the story of a French vehicle company that was pressured by his work (people, assignments, etc) until he killed himself.
- I started Els Planificadors, a Korean thriller novel (translated into English, then to Catalan) about an assassin and the personal and work relationships he develops through the years.
You can follow my reading activity at my lectura.social fediverse account.
A selection of non-musical podcasts from this month:
- Documentos RNE - La Mesta, reino de lana
- Documentos RNE - Watergate, la agonía política de Nixon
- GIS Chat: Brian Bond
- Documentos RNE - El Calendario Gregoriano, el mundo en sincronía
- The MapScaping Podcast: Strategic Buy-In For FOSS4G
- Finect Talks: Y tú, ¿cuántos años de LIBERTAD FINANCIERA tienes? Con Luis Pita