June was a busy month with plenty of activities including our summer holidays just after I came back from Girona conference. We also had a blast with a weekend visit to Barcelona, and spend some time in the city in our favorite museum (Centre de Cultura Contemporània del Carme)
At work with the SIG Libre conference, a week of PTO, and the last week on Community Duty, I could not advance much in regular team projects but that’s OK. I enjoy community duty weeks because I have the chance to help Kibana and Elasticsearch users in all sorts of different areas so I always learn something about the product.
As I mentioned this month I finally attended the Girona SIG Libre Conference after two years of absence. It was great to meet again with the geospatial Spanish community, share our work at Elastic, and learn about new projects and initiatives. I also attended the QGIS Spain Association meet up.
Another community activity I did at the end of the month was participating in the Valencia Tech Fest where I could present the work I did last year to track the Cumbre Vieja eruption using the Elastic Stack.
No reading this month I can really talk about 😭
Apart from the music podcasts I mentioned in the October 2021 update, I can highlight the following podcast episodes from this month:
- Kenso: Por qué creemos en mierdas con Ramon Nogueras
- Balio: 66. De trabajar gratis a facturar 200k en 48h - Nacho Mühlenberg
- Geomob: Tom Armitage: Teaching GIS in the modern era
- Finect: Una estrategia para INVERTIR y aguantar lo que venga 💪🏻 La CARTERA PERMANENTE con Carlos Santiso
- Value School: Hipotecas sin sustos. Consejos para comprarte una casa sin que te cueste la vida